Thursday, September 09, 2010

Impression that wouldn't fade

Frozen Memory
Of her radiant beauty
In that morning shine


They say its a small world, but is it really? Certain memories never fade out, they make an indelible impression on you. Those little chats during morning run time, and those endless discussions about likes and dislikes. Its been more than two years and I still feel the same sense of void. All it needs to figure out the turbulence inside me is one rendezvous, for I'm not sure what it's all about. Samhita!

For the next three months, every morning I would go to that park in Jeevanbheema Nagar. I would also not forget to cross by her house on my way back and from work. Later, I moved from Bangalore to the US. But it isn't easy for me to move on from her thoughts. Every morning I plug-in my iPod, the same one I used while jogging in Bangalore, and start for jogging. But, going on runs doesn't interest me anymore. I just find a chair in the park and get lost in thoughts.

"We can express these meanings in many ways... through art, music... or dance", she said panting while taking small strides in the park area. 

I just nodded giving my affirmative smile and said, "Yeah!"

"Mind..... begins.... expectation..."

Not all the words she would speak enter my head, as I used to get lost looking at her expressions and excitement she would show while making a point.

"Interesting"

"By projecting our ideas..............", after a pause she said, "Why don't you something more than that? Are you listening?", giving me that look and smile. Ah! That smile.

That was our last conversation as I remember. She would talk a lot about human mind. May be she studied psychology. Sometimes about music, and I would talk about my guitar classes. She was more the melody types but I think she also followed pop. Definitely an intelligent and confident girl who knows what she wants. Thinking of the petty arguments we had still brings a smile on my face. She would walk away after an argument, only to show up the next day at the usual time. I always suspected that she faked her anger, but never had a chance to ask her.

With increase in the use of Facebook and Orkut, I make it a point to search the word combination "Samhita Sharma" every once in a while only to not find any relevant results. At times the thought of something fateful happening to her also crops up in my head, and that gives me shivers. May be I will come across her soon sometime and get a chance to ask her the reason for turbulence inside me. After all, its a small world. Isn't it?

P.S.: An extension to my fictional work I posted more than two years ago - "One fine day"

Also for

6 comments:

  1. Vamsi, please don't tell me that this is fiction? :)

    How could you write so beautifully and truly without experiencing what you have written? Or should I assume that the name of the girl is just fictitious?

    However, beautifully written. I could visualize the jog, the park and the expressions of her. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vamsi, please don't tell me that this is fiction? :)

    How could you write so beautifully and truly without experiencing what you have written? Or should I assume that the name of the girl is just fictitious?

    However, beautifully written. I could visualize the jog, the park and the expressions of her. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vee, is this really fictional?!!

    Anyways, it was so real, I thought u r narrating a story about ur life, it was intense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although a work of fiction there is an element of truth in such stories, perhaps not in relation with you but these things do happen. Some people touch our lives and the impressions remain for a while. I'm not saying that the protagonist should be lovelorn or melancholy but some memories always make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Restless -
    Thanks for the feedback, I would have loved to be part of such a real experience since I don't know how painful it would be. The jog and the park setup in Bangalore was all real, but the characters are fictitious. I always feel that emotions can be better portrayed when the fictitious piece runs around some real events and places you are very familiar with.

    Sidra -
    Oh yea, there is a little truth behind every fictitious note bhai. To me, this post is not really about being lovelorn or romantic. It's about how certain things leave an impression which you would want to share with your grand children. Thank you very much for sharing your views.
    And, I don't find your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are encouragement and motivation! Please leave your feedback -

Related Posts with Thumbnails